the World is under my feet

the World is under my feet
screen shot from the movie 'Elizabeth the Golden Age'

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Plates from Handy-volume Atlas of London

Title: Handy-volume Atlas of London (loose plates)
Publisher: George Philip & Son
Year of publish: 1902
Place of publish: London(?)
Inset(s): Nil
Material: Paper
Condition: Good
Dates of purchase: 2008 November and 2009 January

From the beginning I did not realize that the loose plates were from a complete atlas. But when I received the first one and checked the source, it was one of the plates from George Philip & Son's Handy-volume Atlas of London. The atlas was firstly published in 1891. The plates I purchased were believed from the 1902 version as the seller said.

Plate 26: Canning Town, Victoria Docks, East India Docks, &c. 
 Plate 27: North Woolwich, Albert Dock, Becton, &c

Plate 32: Millwall, Cubitt Town, Deptford, New Cross, Greenwich, &c.

No comments:

Post a Comment